Council invites residents to give their views on Sutton B&Q site planning application
- 17 Nov 2023
Sutton Council is inviting local residents and businesses to give their views on a major planning application in Sutton Town Centre.
At a Planning Committee meeting on 30 November 2023 at 7pm, councillors will consider an application for the Sutton B&Q site. Sutton residents, businesses and local organisations will have the opportunity to share their views before a decision is taken by councillors.
The planning application would see the demolition of the existing buildings to provide up to 970 homes and commercial space across eight buildings ranging from 6 to 21 storeys. The scheme would also include new public open spaces, private residential amenity space and car and cycle parking spaces.
Because of limited space, the committee meeting will be ticket-only and priority will be given for those who have been allocated a speaker slot. Any remaining tickets to listen to the debate will be available on a first-come-first serve basis at the venue one hour before the meeting starts.
The meeting will be available to watch live online for those unable to attend in person.
Details for the meeting are available on the council website's meeting page. A recording of the meeting will also be available after the meeting.
Chair of Sutton Council’s Planning Committee, Councillor Richard Clifton, said:
“It is clear from the number of representations and comments the Council has received that there is a high level of public interest in the planning application for the B&Q site in Sutton town centre.
“That’s why I have asked the Council to organise a dedicated meeting to hear from all interested parties.
“We will be giving time at the meeting to hear from residents but to help the Council best manage the meeting, we are asking anyone who wishes to speak to register in advance. Those who will be called to speak at the meeting will receive confirmation from the Council in advance.”
Note to Editors
- In view of the considerable interest in this application, and to assist with the meeting arrangements, those interested in speaking should complete the form for registering to speak at the Planning Committee. It may not be possible to hear from all interested parties.
- Completed forms must be received no later than 17:00 on 22 November. If the form is not submitted in time, you will not be able to register to speak.
- You can also submit a Written Statement before the committee meeting.
- The Planning Committee meeting agenda can be viewed on the Council’s website. Simply select the relevant meeting date where you will also be able to find information about how to view the live stream of this meeting.
- Members of the media will need to register their attendance in advance by sending an email to: email@example.com