Debt and benefit advice centres
You can get free, confidential, independent, impartial and reliable advice from these charities. If you need help with benefits, tax credit problems, housing or immigration enquiries, take a look at this list to find the best one for you.
All of these advice centres have been awarded the national Advice Quality Standard.
Sutton Borough Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)
Sutton Borough Citizens Advice Bureau are a registered charity offering free, confidential, independent debt advice with a specialist debt advisor.
You can visit the Sutton CAB website or arrange an appointment at one of our offices.
Visit them at: Central Library, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
The Sutton branch is located underneath Sutton Library; next to the Civic Offices and is open for assisted information from 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
Carshalton and Wallington CAB
- visit us at 68 Parkgate Road, Wallington, SM6 0AH
- telephone: 020 8405 3552 (open Monday to Friday, 10am – 12noon and 1pm - 3pm)
- this branch is open for pre-booked appointments only
Step Change Debt Charity
Step Change is a registered charity that offers free advice.
- telephone: 0800 138 1111
- visit the Step Change website
- telephone: 0808 808 4000
- visit the National Debtline website
Payplan is an independent company offering free debt advice.
- telephone: 0800 716 239
- visit the Payplan website
The Insolvency Service
You can get information about bankruptcy from the website. Information is also available in languages other than English.
- telephone: 0300 678 0015
- visit the Insolvency Service website
Business Debtline is a charity that gives free specialist advice by telephone to self-employed and small businesses.
- telephone: 0800 197 6026 (Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm)
- visit the Business Debtline website
If you have accessibility requirements
If you need an interpreter, please ask someone who speaks English to ring and make arrangements. Home visits may be possible if you cannot get to the advice centre because of your disability.