Find out how to get urgent support from the Council and create an emergency plan.

How we can help

If you're unexpectedly unable to provide care due to an emergency or crisis, you can contact us to discuss your options.

Your carer's support plan will cover emergency situations, so we know how to help you. This could include making arrangements through an:

  • emergency home based respite service
  • emergency residential placement
  • emergency nursing care home placement

When you contact us, we will be able to put this plan into action.

If you're an unpaid carer but haven't had a carer's assessment, you may still get emergency support. You can call us at any time for help.

Prepare for an emergency

Create a contingency plan

A contingency plan can help if you’re unexpectedly unable to provide care. 

You can get information about making an emergency care plan from Carers UK

Get a carers card

You can complete a Carers Emergency ID Card and carry it with you in a wallet or purse. 

The card holds 'In Case of Emergency' details of people that can be contacted if you’re taken ill or injured. 

Contact us

You can contact the Adult Social Care team for help if you're unexpectedly unable to provide care.


020 8770 5000

Write to us

Sutton Council
Civic Offices
St Nicholas Way

Find us on Google maps


Our offices and phone lines are open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Outside of office hours 

You'll hear an automated message telling you that the office is closed. Keep holding and you’ll be put in touch with our out of hours duty team.