You can report graffiti to us. 

We can remove:

  • racist, offensive or abusive graffiti
  • graffiti from our council-owned property

Report graffiti using the map

If you see graffiti, you can report it by using the map below. 

You can:

  1. Use the search bar on the map to search for a location, address or street.
  2. Click on the map to place a pin.
  3. Proceed to fill in the short form.

Report graffiti using the form

If you have accessibility requirements or difficulties using the map you can make a report using the form. Note that the form will be reviewed manually and may take longer to action.

Report graffiti using form

Graffiti on our own property

Such as underpasses, buildings, and other public areas.

We can't clean property owned by Transport for London.

We will remove non-offensive graffiti within 10 working days. 

If the graffiti is offensive (racist or abusive), we will remove it within 1 working day.

Graffiti on private property

Private homes, businesses and shops are responsible for removing graffiti from their property.

We will only remove graffiti if it's offensive (racist or abusive) and visible from the public highway.

You can request our team to remove graffiti from your property for a cost. Email to arrange an inspection and quotation.

We won't remove any graffiti from private properties without a signed disclaimer form.

Under the Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003, local authorities have the power to issue clean-up notices to owners of graffiti-covered surfaces.

The notice will state that if the property is not cleaned within 28 days, the local authority will remove the graffiti itself and charge the owner any related costs for these works.

Further information can be found on

Graffiti on another organisation's property


We can't clean graffiti if the property is inaccessible without trespassing.

You should report graffiti on railway property to Network Rail. You can call 0845 711 4141 or report to Network Rail online.

TFL Bus shelters

You can report this on the Transport for London website.

Royal Mail Postboxes 

Postboxes are the responsibility of Royal Mail to maintain.  You can report issue directly to them at Help with Royal Mail postboxes.

Street utility boxes

Street utility boxes are the responsibility of the phone or electricity company that owns them.

You will need to report any graffiti to that company.

If you're not sure who owns the utility box, most have a manhole cover in front which will have the company name on.

BT Cabinets

You can report this by calling 0800 023 2023 and choosing Option 1.

You will be connected to an advisor who will ask for the location of the cabinet.

BT Phone boxes

You can report this on the BT website.

Virgin Media Cabinets

You can report this by calling 0330 333 0444.

Their phone reporting service is automated. You should provide as much information as you can, such as the address of the nearest property and the postcode.

At the end of the call, you will be given a reference number.

EE & Hutchison 3G Masts & Cabinets

You can report this by calling 0808 1214 123.

You can also report to the Physical Security Operations Centre at Mobile Broadband Network Limited using the email

Tips for preventing graffiti

  • think about using anti-graffiti paint
  • plant shrubs or climbers next to walls and fences if possible
  • keep a small tin of matching coloured paint to hand for painted surfaces
  • remove it quickly and often - vandals are less likely to target you then