If you are a vulnerable adult with learning disabilities, we can give you advice about living independently in your own home. 

You can download our Help with housing guide (PDF). 

You can download this document and save it to your computer. 

If you need help to understand this information, you can call 020 8770 5000 and ask to speak to the Housing Centre.

The Help with housing guide (PDF) will tell you about housing for people with learning disabilities, including:

  • what renting is
  • the difference between renting social housing and renting privately 
  • what you need to do to start renting
  • buying your own home or a mix of owning and renting (this is called shared ownership)
  • supported housing, where you live near other people with learning disabilities
  • what support you can get if you are staying in your family home 
  • who to contact for more information

Supported housing

Supported housing is only available to some vulnerable adults. Before contacting us, you need to make sure you are eligible.

People in the following groups will be given priority for supported housing:

  • people with mental ill health
  • people with substance misuse issues
  • young people aged 16-17 years old
  • teenage parents

How to get supported housing

You can contact us on 020 8770 5000 to apply for supported housing. 

We will ask you about your situation and discuss the support you need. We pass this information on to the service provider using a Referral Form.

You can also access the service with the help of any of the following people:

  • all statutory and voluntary agencies
  • self referrals
  • family and friends
  • Housing Centre
  • Social Services

What happens next

You will be contacted for an assessment by the service provider, one they have received your Referral Form.

The assessment helps them to get to know you. You will be able to talk about what housing support you need.

You might be added to a waiting list, if there are alot of people in need of help. 

Search Suggestion