Dog mess is the most unacceptable and offensive type of litter on our streets.
It’s unsightly and can even be dangerous, causing a nasty infection called toxocariasis. This can lead to dizziness, nausea, asthma and even blindness or seizures.
Report dog fouling using the map
- Use the search bar on the map to search for a location, address or street.
- Click on the map to place a pin.
- Proceed to fill in the short form.
You can make a report using our accessible form if you cannot use the map. Please note that the form will be reviewed manually and may take longer to action.
Fines and enforcement
If someone does not clean up after their dog, it falls to us to get rid of it.
Anyone who fails to clear up after their dog can be issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice. If the case goes to court this could cost the owner or person in charge of the animal up to £1,000.
The law states that it's not a reasonable excuse if:
- you're unaware a dog has fouled
- you didn't have a suitable bag