Our Aqua Therapy Suite is an excellent way to relax, ease muscles and allow gentle exercise. The suite and pool includes:
- step, hoist or chair access for full accessibility
- the pool temperature is kept at around 32-34ºC, this is much warmer than a standard swimming pool for maximum muscle easing benefit
- gentle lighting above and below the water to add to the relaxing atmosphere
- changing rooms on both sides of the pool area, including:
- accessible showers and toilets
- a trolley bed changing room, and
- carer changing room space
- a member of the Inclusion Centre Team will offer pool-side assistance ensuring correct safety procedures are being followed and to help in the event of an emergency evacuation, as part of your hire charge
If you’ll be using the hoists, you can bring your own water hoist if you have them. We have a some that you can use, but we’re not able to offer advice on which would be suitable for your user.
The maximum weight for a hoist is 200kg.
The benefits of Aqua Therapy
Aqua Therapy is gentle exercise, stretches or physiotherapy in water. It can help those who find movement painful or difficult.
Reducing the force of gravity on the body makes it easier to perform movements. The buoyancy of the water supports the limbs, removing pressure and weight on the body.
It can also help the wellbeing of a person, allowing the freedom of movement without assistance whilst supported in the water.
The water of the pool is kept around 33ºC, this allows muscles and joints to become more relaxed and flexible.
The warmth and buoyancy combined also can help reduce muscle spasms and pain.
Water Pressure (Hydrostatic Pressure)
The pressure that water gently applies to the body can improve circulation and decrease blood pressure.