Occupied property Council Tax exemptions

Halls of residence for students are exempt from Council Tax as long as the accommodation is owned or managed by an educational establishment (such as a college or university), or by a body established for charitable purposes only or where an educational establishment nominates the majority of the student residents.

The accommodation must be provided predominantly for students, which does not prevent part of the accommodation being used permanently, or temporarily, for staff or other persons.

The London Borough of Sutton has no halls of residence