The Local Implementation Plan (LIP) is a requirement of the Greater London Authority Act (1999). It sets out how we will put in place the Mayor’s Transport Strategy at a borough level. The plan outlines how our transport policies comply with:
- the Mayors Transport Strategy (MTS)
- the South London Sub-Regional Transport Plan, and
- elements of the London Plan
The new LIP
Following the publication of the most recent MTS in March 2018, boroughs were required to produce a new (third) LIP. This needed to cover the period from 1 April 2019 to March 2041. We released a draft for public consultation in November and December 2018. It was approved by the Mayor of London on 12 April 2019.
The LIP also sets out an investment programme for the three years from 2019-2021. This outlines:
- the transport schemes that we intended to put in place over this period
- future schemes and ambitions that we will deliver as funding opportunities arise
Separately, an annual LIP funding bid is submitted to Transport for London every October. This sets out our transport scheme programme for the following financial year. This forms the basis of the annual LIP grant to the Council.