Applying to Start Secondary School 2022
Secondary School Entry for September 2022
Information on transferring from primary to secondary school in September 2022 for children born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011.
You can start your online application from 1 September 2021 and have until 31 October 2021 to apply. National Offer Day will be 1 March 2022.
Before you apply we strongly advise that you:
- Read the Transfer to Secondary School Guidance Booklet explaining the application process. Please check regularly for updates.
- Watch our How to apply online video
- Find information about schools by visiting their websites or by attending an open day event.
- Make sure you check Key Dates on the next page
- If you live in Sutton, use the Transfer to Secondary School Distance Checker to find out how far away the schools you are interested in applying to (including schools in Sutton and some in Kingston, Croydon, Merton and Surrey) are from your address.
You can include schools in other local authorities on your application.
A list of out-borough schools can be found on the following local authority websites:
The easiest way to make an application is to apply online using the e-Admissions website (applications are open from 1st September)
Some schools may ask for a supplementary form to be completed.
The online application will advise you if this is the case, or for more details visit our Transfer to Secondary School information.
By submitting your application you agree to the following declaration:
- I wish to apply for a place at each of the schools named in Section 4, and where I have applied for more than one school, I have listed my schools in my order of preference.
- I am the person with parental responsibility for the child named in this application, and we ordinarily reside at the address provided.
- I am not using a fraudulent address or an address of convenience and have read the definition of this on pages 9-10 of the booklet
- The information I have given is true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
- Any false, deliberately misleading or withheld information may render this application invalid and could lead to the application and any associated school offer to be withdrawn.
- I have read the Privacy Notice https://cognus.org.uk/privacy/ and understand how my information may be used.
- I will notify the Cognus School Admissions Team email@example.com of any changes to the details in this application as soon as they occur, including any change of address, and understand that failure to do so may result in an offer being withdrawn.
- I authorise the London Borough of Sutton and the Cognus School Admissions Team to make checks as they deem necessary, including enquiries of other record systems held by the Council.
If you wish to make a general enquiry, please complete the school admission enquiry form.