Permits at the Reuse and Recycle Centre | Reuse and Recycle Centre (RRC) | Sutton Council
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) : latest information and advice

What is the current situation with the COVID -19 (Coronavirus) and where to find more information.

Information from the London Borough of Sutton

Reuse and Recycle Centre (RRC)

Permits at the Reuse and Recycle Centre

COVID-19(Coronavirus) latest information regarding Reuse and Recycling centre closure 

The Household Reuse and Recycling Centre at Kimpton Park Way is closed until further notice. Bulky items, garden waste, DIY waste etc. should be stored safely on your property until restrictions on non-essential travel are lifted and the site is able to re-open. 

Permits at the Reuse and Recycle Centre

You will require a permit to use the Reuse and Recycling Centre (RRC) at Kimpton Park Way. We introduced the scheme to enforce the current policy that only Sutton residents are permitted to use the RRC and to make accessing the site quicker.

How to get your permit

To get a permit you need to bring two forms of ID when you visit the site with your vehicle; one must be a photo ID and the other must prove your address. There is no charge for the permit. You cannot get a permit on behalf of someone else and you must be presenting your own ID at your visit. If you use more than one vehicle in your household, you can get an additional permit when you visit the site in that vehicle with ID. The list of acceptable ID is below.

Displaying your permit

Once you have your permit, you must display it at the top right of your vehicle’s windscreen on every visit to the site. If the permit is not visible, or you do not want to display it, you will be asked to show ID.

Acceptable Identification

You will need to provide two documents as proof of your identity; one must be from the photo ID group and the other from the address group. You cannot use one document to prove both your name and address, even where it shows both e.g. photocard driving licence. You must provide two different documents.

Photo ID group

Your document must be current and valid:

  • Passport (EU or Non-EU) Full or provisional UK Photocard
  • Driving Licence (paper licences not acceptable)
  • Freedom Pass
  • EU Photocard Driving Licence
  • National Identity card (Non-UK nationals)
  • Electoral Identity Card (Northern Ireland)

Address ID group

Your document must be current and valid:

  • Full or provisional paper UK Driving Licence (if issued before 1998)
  • EU Photocard Driving Licence
  • Utility bill (dated within last 3 months) (not mobile phone)
  • Bank or building society statement (dated within last 3 months)
  • Council tax bill (dated within last 12 months)
  • Mortgage statement (dated within last 12 months)
  • Benefit statement or letter e.g. Pension, Child Benefit (dated within last 3 months)
  • HMRC document (not P45 or P60)
  • Electoral identity card

If you are unable to provide acceptable documents you may be denied access to the site.