Having a baby? Here you can find out about registering your new born, applying for a certificate and more...
Before continuing, here are some things you need to know:
- by law, all babies need to be registered within 42 days
- Sutton offers an appointment only service for birth registrations
- only babies born in Sutton can be registered by our staff
- if a baby is born outside of Sutton, our staff can take a declaration of that and forward to the correct registration office - payment for this must be by personal cheque
- when visiting the Register Office for the ceremony, please make sure you get to us with time to spare.