Congratulations on the birth of your baby. We would like to thank you for your patience during the lockdown period.
Sutton Register Office has now caught up with most the backlog of birth registrations from the pandemic period and appointments can now be booked online.
Having a baby? Here you can find out about registering your new born, applying for a certificate and more...
Before continuing, here are some things you need to know:
- by law, all babies need to be registered within 42 days
- Sutton offers an appointment only service for birth registrations
- only babies born in Sutton can be registered by our staff
- if a baby is born outside of Sutton, our staff can take a declaration of that and forward to the correct registration office. Please contact the Register Office receiving the declaration to arrange payment for a birth certificate.
- when visiting the Register Office for your appointment, please make sure you get to us with time to spare.