Maintenance to the Planning and Building Control online portal

Due to maintenance to our planning database, you will be unable to access planning applications on our website from 19:00 on Sunday 19 January. We are sorry for any inconvenience.


Air pollution

Find out what constitutes air pollution and how to report it, and information about garden bonfires and smoke control areas.

Private water supplies

The Environment Agency is responsible for maintaining or improving the quality of fresh, marine, surface and underground water in England and Wales.

Light pollution

Find out about light and other pollution, how to report it and what actions we may take to investigate it.

Other environmental issues

Information about odours from sewage works, other problems and how to report them.

Contaminated land

Find out more on how to deal with issues of contaminated land and how to report them.

Report a pollution issue

You can use our online form to report pollution. You will need to log in or create an account with us if you have not already done so.