Sutton safeguarding Adults Board (SSAB)
The Sutton safeguarding Adults Board (SSAB) is a multi-agency partnership and was established to promote, inform and support multi agency safeguarding adults work. Members include:
- Sutton Council Adult Social Care team, Commissioning team and Public Health team
- Victim Support
- London Fire Brigade
- An elected member from the Adult Social Services and Health Committee (Sutton Council)
- The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity
- Sutton Housing Partnership
- Sutton Centre for the Voluntary Sector
- Metropolitan Police
- Local Safeguarding Childrens Board
- Epson and St Helier University Hospitals
In Sutton we aim to safeguard and protect adults at risk so that they live a life free from abuse and neglect.
Safeguarding adults means helping adults at risk who need support from community care services to keep their independence, remain safe and exercise choice in their life.
The SSAB works within the framework of the law and statutory guidance to strategically assure itself that local safeguarding arrangements and partners act to help and protect adults in Sutton who have or may have care and support needs and who are experiencing, or are at risk of, abuse or neglect in line with the requirements made in the Care Act 2014.