Sole occupier discount (SPD) | Council tax discounts | Sutton Council
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) : latest information and advice

What is the current situation with the COVID -19 (Coronavirus) and where to find more information.

Information from the London Borough of Sutton

Council tax discounts

Sole occupier discount (SPD)

Single Occupancy Discount eligibility

Eligibility is dependent on the nature of your occupation at an address.

  • an adult occupant, aged 18 or over, may be eligible if the property is their main residence where they keep the majority of their possessions.
  • in the case of couples the marital home would be considered to be the sole or main residence even if one of the partners lives or works elsewhere, and therefore single occupancy discount would not be available.
  • you cannot claim single occupancy discount at any second (or further) property owned in addition to a main residence.

When applying, you will need your council tax account number, found at the top of your paper bill or displayed in your 'MyAccount' details if you have registered.