Find information about planning policy, neighbourhood planning and strategy documents

Planning policy

Find information about planning policy, neighbourhood planning and strategy documents

Make your home more energy efficient (retrofit)

Retrofitting is when you update your home to make it more energy efficient.

Find out if you need planning permission

What type of permission you might need to construct, alter or change the use of a building.

Pre-Application planning advice

Find more information before you apply for planning permission.

Planning and Building Control application search

Search and comment on applications for planning, building control and enforcement.

About planning

Read about the planning application process, and what happens at each stage.

Report breaches of planning and building control

If you believe a development has breached a planning control you can contact us.

Tree protection

Get information on the Tree Preservation Order and how to apply for tree works.

Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)

The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) is a charge collected from new developments to fund facilities.

Design and Access Statement (DAS)

The design process and physical characteristics of a planned build.

Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)

Assess environmental impacts arising from a proposed development.

Hazardous Substances Consent (HSC)

Required when substances on a site are at or more than the 'controlled quantity'.

Street naming and numbering

We are responsible for the naming and numbering of new or existing streets.

Sustainable Urban Drainage (SuDS)

All major planning applications should submit a Drainage Assessment Form (DAF).

About land charges

How to apply for land charges searches.

Assets of Community Value (ACV)

Building or land that helps the social interests or wellbeing of the local community.

Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)

Pay the charge that is collected as a result of any new developments. Choose miscellaneous payments, then planning, then CIL payment.

How to apply for a dropped kerb

Request a new vehicle crossing (dropped kerb) for your driveway