Apply for a temporary road closure for roadworks
If you are carrying out street works, you need our permission to:
- close a road
- impose temporary restrictions on traffic or vehicles
You can apply online for a temporary traffic regulation order (TTRO) or temporary traffic regulation notice (TTRN).
How to apply
Download the Temporary Road Closures form.
You can email it back to us at email@example.com, or post it to:
London Borough of Sutton
24 Denmark Road
How much it costs
The fee depends on the reason for requesting the temporary closure or restrictions.
- £1,200 for emergency works or planned works less than 5 days requiring a public notice only
- £2,400 for planned works (lasting longer than 5 days) requiring a public notice and traffic order
Applicants will need to organise and pay for any other service including:
- notifying the restrictions to businesses and residents
- costs of parking cones, warning signs and covering existing signs