Children born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013 are due to start secondary school in September 2024.
Applications open 1 September 2023 and close on 31 October 2023.
National offer day will be on 1 March 2024.
Before you apply
- read the Transfer to Secondary School Guidance Booklet which explains the application process
- watch our video on how to apply online
- find information about schools by visiting their websites or by attending an open day event
- check key dates for selection tests and aptitude assessments
- if you live in Sutton, check the distance to schools close to your address
How to apply
You can apply from 1 September 2023.
Keep a note of your e-Admissions username and password. You can make amendments to your applications until the closing date of 31 October 2023.
You will be able to view the outcome on the evening of 1 March 2024.
When you make your application, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. You can read these in full on page 15 of the Transfer to Secondary School guidance booklet.
Other ways to apply
We recommend you apply online if possible. If you live in Sutton and want to complete a paper application form, email email@example.com.
Applying in different circumstances
For more information on applying in different circumstances, check the Transfer to Secondary School Guidance Booklet.
If your child has an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
If the child is looked after or previously looked after
If the child has a medical or social priority
Address to use for the application
You should use the address where your child and the adult (or adults) with legal responsibility for them live.
You must not use another address because it's convenient. This includes:
- a future address
- the address of a relative, friend, childminder or business
- the address of a parent if the child doesn’t live with them for most of the week
- using the address of a rented or second owned property on a temporary basis to gain advantage
- a local address while the child lives overseas
All applications for school places will be address checked. If you submit your application from an address you don't live at, we can cancel your application. You will be asked to reapply using your current address.
Where a child lives with each parent for part of the week, we will need additional information.
Moving or making a late application
If you move to Sutton after the closing date, you should immediately tell us and your home Local Authority.
We will need evidence of your move, including that you no longer have access to your previous address and that your family has permanently moved into the new property.
If you move after 12 December, we are not able to change your application.
You can still make a late application after this date, but this will not be looked at by the schools until after all of the on time applications.
Applying for schools in other boroughs
You can include schools in other local authorities in your application.
You can find out more about schools in other boroughs on their Council website:
Contact the school admissions team
If you need any more help or information about school applications, you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org