Sutton offers more than 90 parks and green spaces, covering nearly 500 hectares of land.
Our parks and green spaces are of a high standard, 7 have been awarded Green Flag Status. They also provide residents and guests with a wide choice of activities, such as:
- volunteering with Park Friends and the Sutton Tree Wardens
- exploring wildlife
- sports facilities
Join our Sutton Parks mailing list for news on park events, activities and volunteering.
You can volunteer to join a friends group in Sutton to maintain, improve and promote parks and green spaces.
A friends group can help a park by:
- bidding for external funds
- taking part in park improvement activities
- running park projects and events
- keeping a notice board up to date
- reporting damage or incidents in the park
- bringing a park visitor's perspective to discussions on standards and how maintenance work is carried out
Sutton Parks Friends groups
Support your local group, volunteer or find information here:
- Carshalton High Street 'In Bloom' group
- Friends of Carshalton Park
- Friends of Cheam Memorial Garden
- Friends of Beddington Park
- Friends of St Helier Open Space
- Manor Park Friends Group
- Friends of Mellows Park
- Friends of Oaks Park
- Friends of Poulters Park and Revesby Wood
- Friends of Quarry Park
- Friends of Queen Mary's Park
- Friends of Rosehill Parks
- Friends of Royston Park - Tony Pattison (chair)
- Friends of Seears Park and Perretts Field
- Friends of Sutton Common Park
- Friends of Sutton Green
- Friends of The Grove - John Freeman (acting chair)
Setting up a new Park Friends group
If you are thinking about setting up a Friends group, we can provide you with support and advice. Friends groups come in all shapes and sizes, from a group of neighbours who meet to litter pick in their park, to formally constituted charities.
For more information email the Project & Volunteer Coordinator or call 020 8770 5000.