Sutton Nature Conservation Volunteers (SNCV) is the main nature conservation organisation within Sutton. SNCV has worked with our Biodiversity Team to conserve and maintain Sutton's many wildlife sites since 1987.
Our aims include:
- the conservation and improvement of sites of wildlife value in the borough
- carrying out practical maintenance and habitat management work throughout the year, such as:
- hedge laying
- scrub clearance and
- fence construction
- carrying out ecological surveys and monitoring, such as:
- recording butterflies at Roundshaw Downs LNR during the spring and summer
- undertaking botanical and habitat surveys, to inform site management
Sites we work on
The sites that we work on vary in character and size; from small pockets of 'green space' to large Local Nature Reserves. Some of these sites have limited public access and so volunteer task days provide excellent opportunities to see some hidden wildlife gems.
We are lucky to have a variety of habitats within Sutton including:
- chalk grasslands
- rivers and wetlands
- parks and other green spaces
This help to maintain and conserve wildlife.
Our work contributes to improving nature for wildlife and people within Sutton. It also helps to deliver the new Biodiversity Strategy 2020 -2025.
Become a volunteer
Volunteering with SNCV has never been easier and you can find a task and a day to suit your availability. Practical tasks are carried out both during the week and at weekends.
We also hold events throughout the year which you can get involved with. You can take a look at the task programme to see how you can get involved.
SNCV is a non-political organisation and a registered charity (no.1069510).
Join our task days
You can join our task days if you:
- enjoy fresh air
- have a little spare time at weekends or weekdays
- want to help make the borough richer in wildlife
- want to gain practical work experience
- don't mind getting a little dirty
why not come and join us for one of our practical task days?
- send an email to SNVC to find out about work experience and volunteer days.
- for general enquiries, you can send an email to SNVC email@example.com.
- visit the SNCV website
- find us on Facebook or Twitter (X)
- visit our events page