Sutton Register Office service standards
Sutton Register Office can only arrange and help with events happening in England and Wales.
- if you are marrying outside of England and Wales and need paperwork, please complete our enquiry form
- only events that occur within the London Borough of Sutton can be registered at Sutton Register Office
- if you were not born in Sutton please contact the Registration Service within that district
- we do not provide certificates for Sutton Coldfield, they can be contacted on 0121 675 2902 or the General Register Office on 0300 123 1837.
- use our online enquiry form below and select the relevant type of enquiry or 'Other' if not listed
- when visiting us go to the Register Office address as staff at other locations will not be able to help you
- an out-of-hours service is available solely for religious burials and, in extreme circumstances, for marriages and civil partnerships on 07736 338361.
Our duty is to provide you with a high quality, committed and professional service to register births, deaths and stillbirths; take notice of marriage or civil partnerships; and conduct civil marriages and civil partnerships.
Registering a birth, death or giving a notice of marriage or civil partnership
- when making an appointment we will give you all of the information you need to complete the registration
- we guarantee that all information given to us is treated in complete confidence
- if you have an appointment we aim to see you within 10 minutes
- if you do not have an appointment we will do our best to meet your needs but we may need to arrange an appointment for you
Our service commitments
- notices of marriage, civil partnerships birth and death registrations may be given from Monday to Friday
- we will provide accessible premises with facilities suitable for all needs
- we will offer 98% of those wishing to register a death an appointment within two days if the necessary paperwork is available for the registration to take place
- marriages and civil partnership ceremonies may take place on any day of the week
- we will offer a choice of two ceremony rooms and a statutory marriage room
- we will arrange your Citizenship Ceremony within a maximum of three weeks
- we offer a standard or priority service for certificate applications
- standard applications will be dealt with to be returned within 10 working days posted second class
- a priority certificate service is available for next day collection or posted first class if the application is received by 3pm
- you may telephone us between 9am and 4:30pm, please log your call if we are not free to respond immediately and we will aim to phone you back within two hours
- we will reply to your email during working hours, on the same day
Feedback and complaints
- comments and survey forms are available to enable you to influence our service, please complete one to tell us how we are doing
- if you have a complaint and we are unable to resolve it to your satisfaction we will acknowledge your complaint in one working day and aim to respond in three working days. The Council Complaints procedure will always be followed.
We aim to provide a customer focused, caring and inclusive service. Your suggestions for changes or improvements are welcomed and considered in detail.
If we fail to meet your expectations please let us know by contacting the Superintendent Registrar by phone on 020 8770 6790.