Advice to consumers and businesses
The Trading Standards service ensures that:
- trade is carried out fairly, honestly and safely in Sutton
- that businesses follow the UK and European laws that apply to them
Trading Standards enforces consumer laws that cover:
- fair trading
- rogue trading
- weights and measures
Make a consumer complaint
You can get free, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues in Sutton from the Citizens Advice.
You can contact them by:
- calling 0808 223 1133
- text relay users dial 18001 (followed by 03454 04 05 06)
An Officer may contact you if they need further information.
Trading standards receive details of all consumer enquiries to the Citizens Advice helpline. This information is risk assessed to enable us to use our resources in the most effective way.
Trading standards have a range of enforcement tools available to them including:
- cautions and
The Citizens Advice consumer service maintain a national database of complaints. This provides an invaluable source of information and intelligence to trading standards.
If you want to remain anonymous
You can report consumer crime anonymously via the London Trading Standards website.
You can contact the Regulatory Services team at Sutton Council
- telephone 020 8770 5000
- send an email to Trading Standards
- visit the Citizens Advice Consumer Service website