Primary School Entry for September 2023
Information on transferring for starting primary school in September 2023 for children born between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019.
You can start your online application from 1 September 2022 and have until 15th January 2023 to apply. National Offer Day will be 17 April 2023.
Before you apply, we strongly advise that you:
- Read the Starting School Guidance Booklet explaining the application process. Last year’s allocation of places and how each school will allocate places this year.
- Watch the How to Apply video
- Make sure you check the Key Dates on the next page
- Contact schools to check transport routes or to arrange a visit to hear from staff about the school achievements and plans for the future and to check the school facilities. Please visit school websites for possible open day dates or for details of how to contact them.
- If you live within the London Borough of Sutton you can use the Starting School Distance Checker to find out how far away the schools you are interested in applying to (including schools in Sutton and some in Kingston, Croydon, Merton and Surrey) are from your address.
A list of out-borough schools can be found on the following local authority websites:
Once you have reviewed the above guidelines and chosen the schools you would like to apply to, the easiest way is to apply online using the e-admissions website (applications are open from 1st September)
Some schools may ask for a supplementary form to be completed.
The online application will advise you if this is the case, or for more details visit our admission arrangements information.
By submitting your application, you agree to the following declaration:
- I wish to apply for a place at each of the schools named in Section 4, and where I have applied for more than one school, I have listed my schools in my order of preference.
- I am the person with parental responsibility for the child named in this application, and we ordinarily reside at the address provided.
- I am not using a fraudulent address or an address of convenience and have read the definition of this on pages 9-10 of the booklet
- The information I have given is true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
- Any false, deliberately misleading or withheld information may render this application invalid and could lead to the application and any associated school offer being withdrawn.
- I have read the Privacy Notice and understand how my information may be used.
- I will notify the Cognus School Admissions Team firstname.lastname@example.org;of any changes to the details in this application as soon as they occur, including any change of address, and understand that failure to do so may result in an offer being withdrawn.
- I authorise the London Borough of Sutton and the Cognus School Admissions Team to make checks as they deem necessary, including enquiries of other record systems held by the Council.
If you need any further assistance or information regarding school admissions, please email email@example.com