Our ambition is to make Elm Grove a better place to live. Regeneration presents a unique and exciting opportunity to:
- raise the standard of housing
- deliver more affordable homes and
- improve the local environment for everyone to enjoy
Residents of Elm Grove have voted overwhelmingly in favour of regeneration of their estate. They voted through Sutton's first residents' ballot.
This followed the Housing Economy and Business (HEB) Committees decision to approve:
- full redevelopment as the preferred option for the Estate on 28 September 2021 and
- the Landlord Offer to residents on 7 December 2021
82% of the estate participated over a three week period. 78.6% of the residents were in support of the plans to build over 200 new larger homes with private open spaces.
Extensive consultation has been held with residents to explore options and develop a Masterplan. By working collaboratively we’ve agreed:
- a Residents’ Charter and Community Charter to set out our commitments to residents,
- our shared priorities and vision for the area
Together these form the basis of the Landlord Offer (PDF) to residents.
Working closely with residents over a number of years has demonstrated a willingness to dream big, meet the challenges and maximise the opportunities this unique location has. If residents vote YES for regeneration in the residents ballot, then the regeneration of Elm Grove Estate will:
- deliver the shared vision of modern high quality homes in a safe and secure environment that we can all feel proud of
- tackle many of the long-standing issues affecting the lives of residents
- increase the amount of affordable housing available for local families, and
- support the wider transformation of Sutton Town Centre