Schools Forum Meeting
Representatives from schools and academies make up the schools forum. There is also some representation from non-school organisations, such as nursery and 16-19 education providers. The forum acts as a consultative body on some issues and a decision making body on others.
The forum acts in a consultative role for:
- Changes to the local funding formula (the local authority makes the final decision)
- proposed changes to the operation of the minimum funding guarantee
- changes to or new contracts affecting schools (school meals, for example)
- arrangements for pupils with special educational needs, in pupil referral units, and in early years provision
The forum decides:
- how much funding may be retained by the local authority within the dedicated schools grant (for example, providing anadmissions service, or providing additional funding for growing schools)
- any proposed carry forward of deficits on central spend from one year to the next
- proposals to de-delegate funding from maintained primary and secondary schools (for example, for staff supply cover, insurance, behaviour support)
- changes to the scheme of financial management
Please find below links to previous and upcoming meetings:
Please click on the link to access previous Meeting Papers.
Access for members
Schools Forum usually meet at Cheam High School at 6.30pm but please check individual agendas for confirmed venue locations and timings.