- There are lots of local options to choose from for rehoming items you no longer need. You can bring things in good condition to the Community Reuse Shop at Kimpton, to charity shops across the borough; we’ve made a map of all the reuse options in the borough.
- If you want to keep things in the community, or have things which might be useful but not suitable for resale, try Olio, Freecycle, Freegle - list an item you want to rehome on these sites, and get paired with another local who’d like it. Usually the new owner will arrange to collect from you.
Throw away - Arrange a bulky waste collection
What we can collect
You can have a wide range of large and bulky items collected from your property using our bulky waste collection service.
1- 3 items for £31.
4- 6 items for £52
- Bed bases / headboards
- Bedroom furniture: chest of drawers, cabinets, wardrobes (any glass/mirrors must be removed from any furniture)
- Living/dining room furniture: sofas, armchairs, tables
- Office furniture: desks
Electrical and electronic equipment:
- TVs, PCs or laptops
- White goods: tumble dryers, washing machines, fridge-freezers (not commercial fridge/freezers) and (all appliances must be empty)
- Small electronic items: hair dryers, fan heaters
- Carpets (max 4m x 4m) this does not include underlay
- Doors/without glass
- Windows/without glass
- Fence panels (Max 6ft x 6ft)
What we cannot collect
- Builders' waste,
- Organic waste (garden waste, food waste) ,
- Fluorescent lights,
- Paving slabs
- Large play equipment
- Fish ponds,
- Mobility scooters,
- Patio doors,