Sutton register office
Before continuing, here are some things you need to know:
- Sutton Register Office can only arrange and help with events happening in England and Wales. If you are marrying outside of England and Wales and need paperwork, please use the online enquiry form
- an out of hours service is available solely for religious burials and, in extreme circumstances, for marriages/civil partnerships. To arrange, please telephone 020 8770 5000
- the easiest way to register a birth, death or marriage or to request copy certificates, is to Do it Online.
- registrations of births and deaths are completed in the district in which they occur. However if it is difficult to travel to that district please ask about completing a declaration form when booking an appointment or select the declaration option if booking online.
- a marriage can be held in any district even if you are not resident within that district.
- other services such as citizenship ceremonies and the nationality checking service can also be completed in a district other than the one in which you are resident.
- when contacting us, please use our online enquiry form and select the relevant type of enquiry or 'Other' if not listed.
- if you need to visit, please make sure you go to the Register Office address as staff at other locations will not be able to help you.