New look website

Take a look at the beta version of our new look website. We’re keen to know what you think.

Take a look


Premises Licences

Individuals or organisations which provide licensable activities, i.e selling alcohol, providing regulated entertainment (live or recorded music, films, plays etc), or supplying late-night refreshment, must hold licences to authorise these activities, under the Licensing Act 2003.

Temporary Event Notices

Allows you to provide licensable activities on a one-off or infrequent basis. Can either be used at unlicensed premises, for example a community, school or charity fundraising event or at licensed premises to extend the normal licence, for a special occasion.  

Personal Licences

A personal licence is a portable licence issued to an individual which allows them to authorise sales of alcohol from premises that hold a premises licence.

Gambling & Gaming

Premises licences for adult gaming centres, betting shops, bingo halls, etc. Permits and notifications for gaming machines, and other low stake and prize gaming in members clubs and licensed premises. Registrations for small society lotteries.

Street Trading Licences

Licences to trade on or within 7 meters of the public highway and permission to place tables and chairs on the highway.

Massage and Special Treatments

Licence for premises offering tattooing, piercing, laser, massage, manicure and pedicure, UV tanning, sauna and other special treatment of a like kind.

Animal Licences

Licences for animal boarding businesses (including home boarders and day care) dog breeders, selling animals as pets, hiring out horses, keeping or training animals for exhibition, dangerous wild animals and zoos.

What we don't licence

Some licences are administered by other organisations or Council departments.


Here you will find our current application fees.