Sutton South, Cheam & Belmont Local Committee
The Sutton South, Cheam and Belmont Local Committee, gives you a chance to work with councillors and community representatives to shape the future of the area.
Your local committee
If you live, work or study in Sutton South, Cheam or Belmont and want to influence decisions that affect your local area, the Sutton South, Cheam and Belmont Local committee is your chance to get involved.
The Local Committee covers three wards - Sutton South, Cheam and Belmont.
Who sits on the Committee?
The Local Committee Chair and Vice Chair are appointed from the local ward councillors, who all sit on the Local Committee.
A number of formally nominated Community Representatives also sit on the Local Committee and although they do not have voting rights, they have a very important part to play in reflecting the views of the residents they represent and ensuring that information is shared.
What has the committee been up to recently?
Recent topics discussed at the Local Committee meetings have included Community Action Sutton and what they do within the community, regular updates from Neighbourhood Services and update information on Sutton Council's new Local Plan.
Over the past year, the Sutton South, Cheam and Belmont Local Committee has funded a number of projects to help improve the local area, including the new flower planter on the embankment land at the corner of Station road in Belmont, palm tree planting scheme at Church Hill/Abbott Road, Henderson Hospital site feasibility study and funding the annual festive lights scheme across the three wards.
All these projects were proposed by members of the community and discussed at the committee meetings, gaining support from Councillors and Community Representatives.
Get involved - come to your local committee meeting
- Committees meet in the evening, four times a year in venues within the local community. Find out the date of your next local committee meeting.
- Get in touch : Let us know what you'd like the Committee to talk about, tell us what you think are the priorities in your Local area. Make your voice heard on topics that are being discussed by attending a Local Committee meeting or contacting us. You can get in contact with your local ward councillors or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply for a Neighbourhood Grant
- Become a Community Representative
- If you would like to receive emailed updates and information regarding this Local Committee (including meeting agendas), Subscribe here.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to a meeting.