A CPZ is an area where parking controls are in place at specific times.
You will know when you are entering a CPZ because there will be large street signs on the way in.
These signs will tell you:
- which zone you are entering
- the hours when parking is restricted
- when waiting is not allowed on single yellow lines
Further signs near particular parking restrictions will repeat this information.
When they’re in operation
Each CPZ has different operational hours.
Some have different time restrictions for different parts of the zone.
Kerbsides will be marked out with:
- yellow line restrictions, or
- as permit holders only, or
- as pay and display parking
Only vehicles with valid parking permits are allowed to use the parking bays during the operating hours of the CPZ.
Vehicles may not stop on yellow lines during the operating hours of the CPZ. They can stop for a limited time to load or unload goods at all other times
Where you can park in our CPZs
- both resident permits and visitor vouchers display the code ‘BH’
- you can park in ‘Permit Holders Only’ bays that also display ‘BH’
Sutton Town Centre CPZ
- both resident permits and visitor vouchers display a colour - red, green or blue
- you can park in ‘Permit Holders Only’ bays that display the colour of your permit (G for green, B for blue and R for red)
- you can also park in ‘Pay and Display’ bays that display the same colour of your permit
- only applies Monday to Friday before 9am and after 4pm, and all day Saturday and Sunday
Wellington Ave CPZ
- both resident permits and visitor vouchers display the code ‘A’
- you can park in ‘Permit Holders Only’ bays that also display ‘A’
- where the sign says ‘Permit Holders Only’
- and shows the reference of your permit (WP1)