During operational hours, visitors to households in a CPZ will need to display a Resident’s Visitor Permit.
Households in Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs) are entitled to 50 free hours of visitor parking permits per house per year.
You need to apply online to get your book of free permits or to pay for more.
You’ll need to provide proof of residence, which must be:
- a valid or current tenancy agreement, or
- a Council Tax letter (must be current financial year), or
- a utility bill (gas/electric/water) no more than 3 months old, or
- if you are moving into the area, we will need confirmation of your new address (such as a solicitor's letter or a tenancy agreement)
Where the permit is valid
The visitor permit is only valid in the zone indicated. Visitors displaying the completed permit may park in the permit holder only bay at any time.
Apply for visitor permits online
Provide your proof of residence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your last name and vehicle registration number in the email subject line.
Apply by post or in person
Download and fill in our visitor permit application form, and post or take it in person to:
SABA Parking Services
50 Grove Road
You’ll need to provide a copy of your proof of residence with your application form.
Purchase additional vouchers
If you've used all your free permits, you can purchase additional vouchers online.
The first 50 hours of visitor parking permits are free.
After that, you can purchase an unlimited number of additional visitor permits. These come in books of 100 hours and cost £64 per book. They don’t have an expiry date.
How it works
- every household in a CPZ is entitled to 50 hours of free visitor parking permits
- you don’t have to have a resident parking permit to apply for visitor parking permits
- visitor permits are only valid in the CPZ indicated on them
- the permit does not guarantee a parking space
How to use your visitor vouchers
- use black ink to fill in the date and time of arrival
- complete enough permits to add up to the required amount of time
- for a full day’s parking, complete 10 consecutive one-hour permits
- visitors displaying visitor permits may park in permit holder only bays at the time given on the permit