Sutton Ecology Centre is your local Environmental Education provider!
We aim to provide inspiring places to:
- deliver the National Curriculum
- encourage children and young people to develop an interest in the natural world
- give children a chance to discover Sutton's nature in a safe environment, and
- teach using a variety of different learning styles to include all students
Sutton Ecology Centre has been awarded the Learning Outside the Classroom (LOtC) Quality Badge. This provides assurance to teachers and parents regarding the safety and quality of teaching. It is also the only nationally recognised indicator of:
- good quality educational provision, and
- effective risk management
Education sessions usually last 2 hours. We make learning fun and interactive through hands-on investigation, with games and activities in a safe stimulating outdoor environment. All our educational programmes are designed to link in closely with the National curriculum.
To make a booking or for further information, phone our Education Officer on 07812 663187, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planning your visit
- school sessions are available on Mondays and Thursdays
- 10.00 am to 12 midday, or
- 12.45 to 2.45pm
- all sessions must be booked in advance, contact the Education Officer for up-to-date prices
- we can teach a maximum of 35 children at any one time
- teachers can also teach their own class on our grounds with our equipment (DIY), we require teachers to come on a pre-visit
We have limited capacity for after-school clubs and community groups. You can send us an email to find out more.