The vision for Elm Grove is to create a vibrant, liveable and attractive neighbourhood for existing and future residents. The aim is to focus on creating a sustainable environment within town centre living.
The scheme will deliver:
- new and improved homes that provide a range of modern high quality housing to respond to residents with different needs
- character along the back of the high street at Elm Grove to create a unique identity and add to the thriving high street by initiating public realm improvements
- attractive connections with different scales and character between the High Street and Throwley Way
- safestreets and public spaces with plenty of lighting and landscaping features that are attractive and can cater to the needs of different age groups
Up to 50% of the homes will be affordable council homes, including much-needed family housing.
The new estate will feature:
- new play areas
- routes connecting the estate to the town centre
- landscaping with feature trees, plants and flowering