Replacement wheelie bins, boxes, bags and caddies

Houses with Kerbside Bins

Before you start

Requesting a replacement wheelie bin, box or caddy online is quick and easy:

  • use your postcode to find your property
  • let us know what container you need
  • we’ll arrange for it to be delivered to your home
  • please check surrounding areas carefully before ordering in case your bin, box or caddy has been returned to the wrong property

The container that you need depends on the type of property you live in.

Household waste & recycling containers

We provide these waste containers for the majority of properties within the borough:

  • Standard Brown General Waste Wheelie Bin (140L)
  • Paper and Cardboard Green Wheelie Bin (240L)
  • Mixed Recycling Green Box (55L)
  • Large Outdoor Food Waste Caddy (23L)
  • Small Kitchen Food Waste Caddy (7L)
  • Garden Waste Wheelie Bin (240L) - this is an additional chargeable service

Frequently asked questions

How can I arrange the garden waste service for my property?
We can provide garden waste containers to households if required and this is a chargeable service.  Please visit the Garden waste collection web page for more information.
Does the council provide free compostable bags for food waste containers?
We do not provide free compostable bags for food waste containers.  You can buy compostable food waste bags from all major supermarkets and other well-known retailers.
How many general waste bins can I have?
The council operates a '1 bin' per property policy for houses or flats converted from a house.

You can:

  • order a replacement for any damaged or missing general waste wheelie bin at your address
  • submit a request for a smaller or larger wheelie bin (subject to approval)
I have a large number of people in my household, can I have additional bins or boxes?
If you live in a larger household you can request one additional mixed recycling box or a larger brown general waste wheelie bin.
My household produces additional general waste due to a medical condition, can I have an additional general waste bin?

If you have a medical condition which results in excessive waste (i.e. incontinence pads, dressings/bandages), you can request a Larger Brown General Waste Wheelie Bin (240L).  If you already have the Larger Brown General Waste Bin (240L) and still have excessive medical waste, please email a recent GP or hospital letter detailing the medical condition to and we may be able to provide additional capacity.

New or replacement waste containers

We aim to complete requests within 20 working days, but this can vary depending on stock levels and demand.

Request replacement bin, box or caddy