You can submit your complaint along with any supporting documents via email

Who should use this service

Encompass provide the housing advice service on behalf of the London borough of Sutton.

You should follow this process for complaints on matters dealt with by our Housing Centre. Complaints about housing benefits are covered by our Corporate Complaints Process.

Sutton Housing Partnership (SHP) Council tenants

If you are a Council tenant in Sutton you can email SHP for enquiries, repair requests, comments or complaints. You can call them on 020 8915 2000.

Roundshaw tenants

For enquiries or comments, speak to the staff in your local office. They will also help you if you have a complaint. 

You can email Roundshaw or call them on 020 3535 5050

Other housing association tenants

Any questions or complaints should be raised with your housing association representative.

The complaints process 

Stage 1

Once you’ve submitted your complaint, we will let you know that it’s been received within 3 working days. 

Complaints will be investigated and a response will be sent to you within 10 working days. Sometimes this deadline needs to be extended. We will tell you if it will take longer and let you know when you can expect a full reply.

The investigating officer may also contact you during this time to discuss or clarify your concerns.

Stage 2

If you are unhappy with the response from stage 1, you have 20 days to request a stage 2 review. 

You will need to email or write to us explaining why you are dissatisfied. A senior council officer who has not been involved in your case will reconsider your complaint.

We will send you a response within 20 working days or tell you if it will take longer and let you know when you can expect a full reply.

We follow the Housing Ombudsman Code of Practice and the proportion of complaint responses sent within timescales are:

  • 95% of Stage 1 complaints were responded to within Code timescales
  • 100% of Stage 2 complaints were responded to within Code timescales

If you’re not happy with the outcome

If you are still not happy you can refer your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.

Search Suggestion