Whistleblowing is also called ‘making a disclosure in the public interest’. This is when you report suspected wrongdoing in or to an organisation.
We encourage whistleblowing. We would prefer to know your concerns rather than find out when it’s too late.
Some examples of issues that are appropriate to raise through our whistleblowing procedure:
- fraud or unauthorised use of public funds
- health and safety risk to Council employees, children or older people in council care
- environmental damage to council property and buildings
- criminal activities
- people or companies failing to comply with their legal duty
You can read the Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998, for details of policy and legislation for whistleblowing.
You can contact:
- call the Chair of the Audit and Governance Committee on 0208 770 4990
- email the Monitoring Officer
- email the Assistant Director People and Organisation Development
South West London Fraud Partnership
We are part of the South West London Fraud Partnership (SWLFP) with:
SWLFP provide an improved fraud investigation service.
You can call the confidential line on 020 8871 8383 or send an email to SWLFP..
You can submit your complaint in writing to:
SWLFP, Room 205, Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU
Please include your contact details as we may need to contact you. We'll keep your details confidential.