We can grant a licence to place and maintain apparatus in the footway or highway. This is under Section 50 of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991

You’ll need a Section 50 licence if you’re anyone other than a statutory undertaker licensed by the Department of Trade and Industry.

Apply for a licence

Read our Section 50 guidance documents for more information on how to apply.

Download Section 50 application form

Email the completed form to streetworks@sutton.gov.uk.