You can report potholes, road defects or footpath defects to us.
Transport for London (TfL) is responsible for maintaining red routes. We can't take any action to repair problems on these roads. You can report problems with red routes online to TfL.
Red routes have single red or double red lines. They're normally A roads such as the A217 or A24.
Report a pothole or road defect
You can let us know about:
- potholes or sunken road
- broken or loose manhole covers
- damage to the road, cracks or a worn surface
- loose paving or block
- illegal obstruction
- worn markings
- gully or cover problems
- vegetation or tree root damage
- road edging
- damaged kerb or verge
- worn cycle lane marking
You can report an issue with a road by using the map below.
- Use the search bar on the map to search for a location, address or street.
- Click on the map to place a pin.
- Proceed to fill in the short form.
You can make a report using our form if you cannot use the map.