Privacy Notice for the Parking service
This privacy notice is to be read in conjunction with the full privacy notice.
This privacy notice sets out how Parking Services at the London Borough of Sutton will use and process your information.
What type of information is collected about you?
- contact details; including name, address, email address, telephone number
- vehicle registration numbers
- vehicle makes, models and colours
- Blue Badge serial numbers and expiry dates
- financial details for purposes of receiving or making payments
- proof of identity - council tax bills, utility bills
- proof of eligibility
- licenses or permits held
We need your information for the following services and functions:
- issue and enforcement of Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs)
- Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) appeals
- responding to correspondence
- car park season tickets
- issue of permits
- installation of disabled bays
- prevention and detection of blue badge and permit misuse
- processing of parking suspensions and dispensations
Who collects the personal information:
The council will collect some of the personal information for the provision of the above services
Who your information may be shared with:
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- London Tribunals (Environment and Traffic Adjudicators
- The Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC)
- Collection Agencies/Enforcement Agents
- Providers of parking enforcement and parking management services
- Providers of print and post services
- Payment providers
- Cashless parking solution providers
- Other council services
- Sutton Housing Partnership (SHP)
- Other Local Authorities
If required, we will also share information for the investigation of fraud and for the prevention and detection of crime.
We will not share your information with any other organisations unless required to do so by law.
The legal basis for processing your information
- performance of a contract to which you are a party (e.g. season tickets, resident permits, parking dispensations)
- compliance with our legal obligations under relevant legislation and associated statutory guidance
- law enforcement, prosecutions and Court proceedings
- public interest
How long will we keep your information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary and in line with our retention schedule. Information will be securely destroyed when no longer needed.