How we can support you
You do not need to be registered blind or partially sighted to access our visual impairments service. We provide:
- information on eye conditions
- mobility training at home and outside
- advice on reading and writing
- advice, training and equipment to help with daily tasks
- advice on use of lighting and contrast
- information about other suitable services
- referrals to other organisations
Sight tests from the NHS
You may be entitled to a free NHS sight test or an optical voucher to reduce the cost of glasses or contact lenses.
Get support from Sutton vision
If you’re experiencing sight loss or a visual impairment, you can contact Sutton vision for:
- befriending services
- social groups
Attend a Low Vision Clinic
If your vision cannot be corrected by glasses and you're not being seen in the hospital clinic, you can attend a Low Vision Clinic.
You’ll be assessed for low vision aids, such as magnifiers.
Low Vision Services are provided by Sutton Vision and our Sensory Services team.
Phone Sutton Vision
020 8409 7166