Our street cleansing service maintains in excess of 1650 council-owned or council-managed streets all year round.
We aim to:
- ensure they are always clean and free of litter, weeds, dog fouling and other waste
- inspect town centre high streets within 2 hours and clean where needed upon receipt of any issue reported to us
- inspect residential streets within 24 hours and clean where needed upon receipt of any issue reported to us
When to report a problem to us
- there is widespread or heavy littering
- litter has started to clump together
- dirt or silt has started to clump together, for example in road gutters
Litter and other waste can build up between our scheduled cleaning times. We will inspect the area and decide whether we need to clean it before its next scheduled clean.
For more details on what is a reasonable standard of cleanliness, see the DEFRA code of practice for litter and refuse.
We have other forms to report fly-tipping or other street cleaning issues.
Report street cleaning problems using the map
- use the search bar on the map to search for a location, address or street
- click on the map to place a pin
- fill in the short form to describe the issue
Report street cleaning problems using the accessibility form
If you have accessibility requirements or difficulties using the map you can make a report using the form. Please note that the form will be reviewed manually and may take longer to action.