The number of attendees at a funeral will be determined by how many people the venue can safely accommodate with social distancing measures in place. There will no longer be a maximum number of attendees. You should establish the safe capacity of the venue with the venue manager whilst organising the funeral. All reasonable measures should be put in place to maintain social distancing and keep those attending safe.
Following these guidelines we have increased the numbers in chapel to:
- Sutton Chapel max
- Bandon Hill Chapel max 60
Excess mourners will have to stand outside at a distance. The above numbers exclude the person officiating the service.
- Hand gel stations will be in placed outside the chapel with the mourners encouraged to use the gel.
- Masks are expected to be worn in the chapel.
- Bluetooth speaker will be available from the family to be use and operated by a nominated person from the family.
- The Chapel doors will remain open for ventilation
- The Funeral Director will take the coffin into the chapel, they will leave when the family can enter.
When the service is over the family leave the chapel when the Funeral Director will enter and remove the coffin to the hearse
|Months||Monday - Friday||Saturday, Sundays, Public Holidays|
|January, February, November, December||9am- 4:30pm||9am - 4:30pm|
|March||9am- 5pm||9am - 5pm|
|April||9am- 6.30pm||9am - 6:30pm|
|May and September||9am- 7pm||9am - 7pm|
|June July and August||9am- 7:30pm||9am - 7:30pm|
|October||9am- 6pm||9am - 6pm|
Christmas and New Year Times
9am- 4pm for 2 weeks during Christmas & New Year