A fair usage policy is in operation at the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre (HRRC) which will allow households to access the site up to 24 times a year. Visits to the site are by appointment only for car, van and large vehicle users and must be booked in advance.
Limiting the amount of visits will help ensure that council tax payers are not footing the bill for those who are disposing of commercial waste illegally, or those who are disposing of excessive amounts of waste on a regular basis.
Pedestrians and bicycles
For residents without access to a vehicle you can visit us using the pedestrian access gate.
- pedestrian and bicycle access is allowed on the site without a booking
- ID is required and you may be required to wait during busy periods
- please use the pedestrian access gate and follow walkways around the site
- residents visiting by car get a maximum of 24 bookings per calendar year
- bookings can be cancelled and/or amended upto two hours in advance of the booked time slot, 'no-shows' will be counted towards the bookings limit
- site staff will check the number of bookings made on arrival, you will be turned away if you have already reached the bookings limit
Vans and large vehicles
- residents with a van or large vehicle get a maximum of 8 bookings or a maximum of 500kg per household, per calendar year
- bookings can be cancelled and/or amended upto two hours in advance of the booked time slot, 'no-shows' will be counted towards the 8 bookings limit
- site staff will check the number of bookings and weight disposed of on arrival, you will be turned away if you have reached the 8 bookings or the 500kg limit
Vehicles considered as a van and large vehicle
- any large or small van (including hire vans)
- pick-up trucks
- mini buses with 10 seats or more
- any vehicle that has side panels instead of rear windows
- any vehicle where the seats have been permanently removed
If you are unsure if your vehicle is classed as a van or large vehicle please refer to the HMRC definition of car derived vans and Combi Vans.
Vehicles not allowed access at any time
Large and heavy vehicles cannot use the site. These include, but are not limited to:
- vehicles over 3.5 tonnes max gross weight
- vehicles over 5 metres in length
- luton style box vehicles (including any high sided vehicles
- vehicles with more than 4 wheels
- tipper trucks or false sided vehicles
- vehicle and trailer over 5 metres combined
What happens if I require more than 24 bookings to the HRRC?
If you are nearing your annual 24 visit limit, you may make a request for more visits. Only request more visits once you are nearing your annual quota. Once received by the Council we will contact you to discuss your waste disposal arrangements further. For extra booking complete the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre Booking Enquiries Form.
Why is there a fair usage policy in place?
The fair usage policy at Kimpton Park Way was reviewed in June 2022. For 99.9% of Sutton residents, the fair usage policy does not affect their yearly visits to the site. For any resident affected by this policy, the Council is able to discuss their waste disposal requirements to find the best solution to their needs. It has also helped the Council identify and prevent visitors bringing business, commercial or trade waste to the site illegally.
How can I make a booking?
The quickest and easiest way to make a booking and to view all available slots is via the Council’s website at: sutton.gov.uk/hrrc. If you do not have access to the internet, a booking can be made on the phone via the Council’s contact centre.
What can I do if I made a booking and didn’t receive my confirmation email?
It may be that your confirmation email has been directed to your spam or junk folder, so please check there first. If you cannot see your confirmation email, please phone via the Council’s contact centre.
I live in the borough, but the online booking form isn’t picking up my address. What can I do?
Please contact us by completing our HRRC Booking Enquiries Form and a member of our team will assist you.
I cannot find my confirmation email, how do I cancel or amend my booking?
Please contact us via the Council’s contact centre by calling 020 8770 5000 and provide the name, address and vehicle registration used to make the booking.
I couldn’t make my booked time slot and didn’t cancel or amend my booking in time, what happens to this booking?
Unfortunately this will be classed as a ‘no show’ and count towards the fair usage limit.
I wanted to cancel or amend my booking but the system advised it was under 2 hours to my booked time slot, what can I do?
Unfortunately you cannot cancel or amend bookings that are within 2 hours of the booked time slot, this will be classed as a ‘no show’ and count towards the fair usage limit. This is to allow enough time for the space to be made available for another resident to book in your place.
I can’t remember how many bookings I have already made, how can I find out?
This will be on the confirmation email you received for your last booking this will have been sent from email@example.com. If you cannot find this email please contact us via the Council’s contact centre by calling 020 8770 5000.
If I have a small car, can I visit more frequently?
The same number of bookings applies to all cars that are smaller than the van and large vehicle policy.