Since January 2021, the South London Waste Plan, jointly prepared with Croydon, Kingston, Merton and Sutton, has been under examination by two Government-appointed Planning Inspectors. Examination hearings took place in September 2021.
Following the examination hearings, we consulted on some changes (known as main modifications) to the South London Waste Plan to address any soundness issues raised during the examination between 14 July and 2 September 2022:
- Schedule of Main Modifications
- Sustainability Appraisal on the Main Modifications
- Equalities Impact Assessment on the Main Modifications
The Council has also published some supporting documents:
- Changes to the Policies Map
- Schedule of Additional Modifications
- Draft South London Waste Plan with Track Change Modifications
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Statement of Representation Procedure
The consultation will run from 14 July to 2 September 2022. The consultation only concerns the Main Modifications to the plan recommended by the Inspector. Comments should be focused on the main modifications proposed and not other aspects of the plan that remain unchanged.
The final decision on the soundness of the south London Waste Plan will be taken by the Inspectors once they have reviewed the representations.
Representations that were received during the consultation are available at the below link:
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format please email us at email@example.com and let us know what format you need the document to be provided and we will try to meet your request.