There are a variety of parking permits that exist in Sutton to help prioritise parking in key locations for residents and businesses.

The most common are:

  • Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs) - permit required, operational hours enforced, bays marked, can operate ‘all day’ or for a shorter period of time
  • Permit Parking Areas (PPAs) - permit required, operational hours enforced, parking permitted over crossovers, can operate ‘all day’ or for a shorter period of time
  • Visitor parking permits - each household within a PPA or CPZ scheme is eligible for 50 free hours of visitor permit vouchers per annum. Additional vouchers can be bought.
  • Collingwood car park permit - this permit applies to residents of the Collingwood Estate only. 

Apply for a parking permit

Renew your parking permit

Apply for free visitor vouchers

Purchase additional visitor vouchers

Where do parking zones operate?

There are currently four CPZ zones operating in Sutton (Belmont, Sutton Town CentreLongfellow Road and Wellington Avenue (including Lingfield Road). 

PPA zones are now operational in Hackbridge (HB1 and HB2), Carshalton (CS1, CA1, CA2), Carshalton Beeches (CB), Cheam (CH) Aultone Way (AW), South Sutton (SS), St Helier (SH1, SH2 and SH3) and Worcester Park (WP2).

You can check our online map to see where controlled parking areas and permit parking areas operate in Sutton.

To find out if your street is in one of the new PPAs please search our online street checker. If your road name is not listed, you are not eligible for a permit.

Permit costs

A resident parking permit is valid for 12 months from the 1st of the month following your application.

Cost depends on the type of vehicle you have and how many permits you have at the property (there is a maximum of three permits allowed). 

Permit application fees

Additional permits

There are additional permits that are available for those with additional needs.

  • Blue badge scheme for people with disabilities or older people.
  • Carers permit for organisations and individual registered carers. An additional resident care permit for residents who have multiple home care needs is also available.
  • Childcare permit for nannys or childminders who care for children in zones covered by a CPZ or a PPA.