Changes to the Sutton Selective Eligibility Test 2020
In response to a range of Covid-19 related issues which make early autumn admissions testing undesirable and impractical, many schools which test for a child’s ability or aptitude have decided to postpone admission tests until later in the autumn term. The schools affected in this Local Authority are:
- Nonsuch High School for Girls
- Sutton Grammar School
- Wallington County Grammar School
- Wallington High School for Girls
- Wilson’s School
- Greenshaw High School (selective places only)
Revised dates will be confirmed early in the autumn term by the school(s) directly.
Despite these changes, parents should still register for the test by the 14th August 2020 and make their common application by the national closing date, 31st October 2020.
If you are a Sutton resident parent/carer:
- Once you receive the results of the eligibility test, you may make changes to your application preferences (such as to add or remove a selective school) providing you notify firstname.lastname@example.org before 10th December 2020. Changes to preference after this date will only be considered after 1st March 2021
- We will similarly accommodate changes to preference relating to late test results for selective schools in other Local Authority areas.
If you are not a Sutton resident parent/carer:
- Please contact your home local authority for their policy on making changes to a school admission application.
If you have questions about test arrangements, please check relevant school websites, or contact the school(s) directly. Please note that schools will now be closed for the summer.
We will update this page as further information is received. Please continue to check back for further updates.
Online applicants will receive an email notifying them of their outcome on the evening of 16th April 2020.