Types of parking permits

Parking zones and permits

There are a variety of parking permits that exist in Sutton to help prioritise parking in key locations for residents and businesses.

The most common are:

  • Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs) - permit required, operational hours enforced, bays marked, can operate ‘all day’ or for a shorter period of time
  • Permit Parking Areas (PPA) - permit required, operational hours enforced, parking permitted over crossovers, can operate ‘all day’ or for a shorter period of time
  • Visitor parking permits - each household within a PPA or CPZ scheme is eligible for 50 free hours of visitor permit vouchers per annum. Additional vouchers can be purchased. 
  • Collingwood car park permit - this permit applies to residents of the Collingwood Estate only. 

There are currently three CPZ zones operating in Sutton (Belmont, Sutton Town Centre and Wellington Avenue). 

Two new PPA zones are to commence in the Hackbridge area from February 2020. Applications for permits in the new zones are now open.

A new PPA zone for Carshalton is due to commence from March 2, 2020. Applications for permits in this zone (CS1) will open on February 1, 2020.

You can check our online map to see where controlled parking areas and permit parking areas operate in Sutton.

To find out if your street is in one of the new PPAs please search our online street checker. If your road name is not listed, you are not eligible for a permit.

Permit costs

A resident parking permit is valid for 12 months from the 1st of the month following your application.

Cost depends on the type of vehicle you have and how many permits you have at the property (there is a maximum of three permits allowed). 

Permit application fees

Additional permits

There are additional permits that are available for those with additional needs.

  • Blue badge scheme for people with disabilities or older people.
  • Carers permit for organisations and individual registered carers. An additional carers permit for residents who have home care needs is under consultation.
  • Childcare permit for nannys or childminders who care for children in zones covered by a CPZ or a PPA.