Parking zones and permits
There are a variety of parking permits that exist in Sutton to help prioritise parking in key locations for residents and businesses.
The most common are:
- Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs) - permit required, operational hours enforced, bays marked, can operate ‘all day’ or for a shorter period of time
- Permit Parking Areas (PPA) - permit required, operational hours enforced, parking permitted over crossovers, can operate ‘all day’ or for a shorter period of time
- Visitor parking permits - each household within a PPA or CPZ scheme is eligible for 50 free hours of visitor permit vouchers per annum. Additional vouchers can be purchased.
- Collingwood car park permit - this permit applies to residents of the Collingwood Estate only.
New PPA zones are now operational in Hackbridge (HB1 and HB2) and in Carshalton (CS1).
A new PPA zone for Aultone Way (AW) was due to commence on April 20, 2020. Due to the council’s decision to suspend the enforcement of all non-safety related parking restrictions as a consequence of COVID-19 we are now delaying implementation of this scheme for the time being. Residents in the AW zone who have already applied and paid for permits, may have already received their permit in the post. Please retain this and we’ll be in contact with you separately in regards to this. For those who have applied, but not paid or received permits, applications will be put on hold until such time as we are ready to implement the new scheme. No payment will be taken in the meantime.
You can check our online map to see where controlled parking areas and permit parking areas operate in Sutton.
To find out if your street is in one of the new PPAs please search our online street checker. If your road name is not listed, you are not eligible for a permit.
A resident parking permit is valid for 12 months from the 1st of the month following your application.
Cost depends on the type of vehicle you have and how many permits you have at the property (there is a maximum of three permits allowed).
There are additional permits that are available for those with additional needs.
- Blue badge scheme for people with disabilities or older people.
- Carers permit for organisations and individual registered carers. An additional resident care permit for residents who have multiple home care needs is also available.
- Childcare permit for nannys or childminders who care for children in zones covered by a CPZ or a PPA.