Sutton Ecology Centre is managed by our Biodiversity Team. It is the main resource for environmental education in the borough.
The grounds are an excellent place for a stroll and to find out about:
- wildlife habitats
- organic and wildlife gardening
The Biodiversity staff run:
- educational visits for schools
- events for adults, families and children
- volunteer days and much more
The aims of the centre are:
- to create a better understanding of our local and global environment
- to promote connection to nature
- to encourage involvement in our environment by the whole community
- to serve as a base for environmental action throughout the Borough
Sutton Ecology Centre Trail
You can now discover our grounds by following the Sutton Ecology Centre Trail. The trail includes the Nature, Heritage and Sensory aspects of our grounds.
Events, Holiday Activities & Family Sessions
Biodiversity Team staff run an exciting range of events for adults, families and children throughout the year.
The grounds are open to the public from 9am until sunset, Monday to Sunday, all year round.
If you are visiting with an organised group, you'll need to book in advance. The grounds are used for teaching and volunteering by the biodiversity team throughout the week
Advice, volunteering opportunities and information
If you want to become a Friend of Sutton Ecology, you can:
- send an email to the Friend of Sutton Ecology team
- visit the Friend of Sutton Ecology website or
- visit the Friend of Sutton Ecology on Facebook
How to find us
Five minutes from Carshalton Station.
Bus numbers 127 and 157 stop at the end of North Street. 407 on Pound Street.
The nearest car park is on Carshalton High Street.
Disabled parking is available near the centre. The grounds and buildings used for school visits and other events are accessible for people with disabilities.
No dogs are allowed except guide dogs.
You are welcome to bring a picnic but please respect our grounds and take your litter away.
Our site address: Sutton Ecology Centre Grounds, off Festival Walk Carshalton SM5 3NY
Classroom Address: The Grove 4 Tyrell Court North Street Carshalton SM5 2HT
Our postal and office address: Biodiversity Team Civic Offices, St Nicholas Way, Sutton SM1 1EA