Sutton offers more than 90 parks and green spaces, covering nearly 500 hectares of land.
Our parks and green spaces are of a high standard, 11 have been awarded Green Flag Status in 2023. They also provide residents and guests with a wide choice of activities, such as:
- volunteering with Park Friends and the Sutton Tree Wardens
- exploring wildlife
- sports facilities
Join our Sutton Parks mailing list for news on park events, activities and volunteering.
You can volunteer to join a friends group in Sutton to maintain, improve and promote parks and green spaces.
A friends group can help a park by:
- bidding for external funds
- taking part in park improvement activities
- running park projects and events
- keeping a notice board up to date
- reporting damage or incidents in the park
- bringing a park visitor's perspective to discussions on standards and how maintenance work is carried out
Sutton Parks Friends groups
Support your local group, volunteer or find information here:
Setting up a new Park Friends group
If you are thinking about setting up a Friends group, we can provide you with support and advice. Friends groups come in all shapes and sizes, from a group of neighbours who meet to litter pick in their park, to formally constituted charities.
For more information email the Project & Volunteer Coordinator or call 07921 025197.